Thursday, March 15, 2007

Learn something new

Stephen and I have been married for nearly 8 years now. I have learned many things in that time, how to make gravy, the important details of Star Wars movies, and I have even grow nto love and appreciate his necessity to stay up late to watch the last 30 seconds of a Mavericks game. (I should have learned this three years ago when he tried to paint my pregnant belly blue to get into a game for free...) But alas, Josh Howard and I both learned an important item of information last night. Did you know when you foul someone as they are making a 3 point shot they get to take THREE free throws? Well I guess Josh Howard didn't know that either so with 5 points to gain Steve Nash (gotta love him anyway) made all three of his free throws and then made an amazing basket with 2 seconds left on the clock to take it into overtime.

Alas, after double overtime and three of our star players fouled out, the Mavs lost. But like I tell Micah, whats the point of going through hardship if you don't learn from it and God's name doesn't get glory. SO, now Josh and I have learned this lesson, never to be forgotten, and I'm sure God is being glorified somewhere in Phoenix right now!! Maybe before our actual anniversary I'll learn to like ESPN radio too! Not likely, but even blogging about Sports probably made Stephen love me that much more!

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Cortni said...

Wow! I am super impressed by a sports blog by Joscelyn!! I would have loved to see the painted pregnant belly! Did yall take pictures of that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home